Our client, an International Brokerage Firm, is urgently seeking a candidate to join their team as a Quantitative Analyst. Job responsibilities of this role include investment research on products and companies, working with dealing technology, liaising with traders/dealers/external clients, and the ability to keep current with current financial markets and investment products.
The ideal candidate would have a strong IT background gained in international Investment Banks or Brokerage firms. You will have 1 -2 years of experience in full life cycle of application development and strong database programing knowledge. Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese are required. Enthusiasm toward financial markets and genuine interest in the industry is important to be a successful candidate.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunitiy to grow Macquarie’s facilitation capabilities across Asia. You will provide an established client list with regional trading activities and will back-up other facilitation traders in Asia (ex Japan). The role will enable you to interact with the sales trading desks throughout the region and will involve managing Macquarie’s equity risk positions.
To be successful, you will need:
- tertiary qualfications in a relevant discipline
- experience in a dealing room environment, preferably in a trading/sales trading capacity
- a detailed knowledge of risk management in an equities trading environment
- good people skills with an ability to have strong client focus
- a high level of drive and commercial acumen, coupled with a willingness to make quick decisions and take responsibility